Monday, April 14, 2008

More Owls

So, I've decided that even if I don't have a girl, there will be a room in my house with an owl theme. I haven't quite discussed this with the Other yet, but I'm confident he'll agree. Right.

While feeding my new owl obsession, I ran across this store on etsy.com. The Yumi Yumi Shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5164938

Super cute prints.











And if you're not totally into owls like I am, she also has super cute tiny animal prints and bird prints.



I like going with a more brown theme. If the owl theme sticks for the baby, the room is already a very light blue. It would be very soothing to have a light brown, a little blush pink and some yellow tossed in. Super cute. And I don't even like pastels!

The best part is that these are all around 5x7 inch prints for only $10 each! Add simple matting and a plain white frame, and I could have four or five of these for well under $100. That's not bad considering it would probably be it for wall decoration. I already have a nice mirror to hang and who knows what I'll get from friends/family to hang on the wall.

This is all very exciting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i want to paint you those owls!!! when you find out what the baby is, you'll have to let me know which owls you like and I'll make you some!!!!

James and Kresta said...

You have great taste. I never thought owls were cute until I saw these prints. I think a nursery or room in owls would be awesome! Hopefully you have a girl.

Unknown said...

I have a super cute purple striped hoodie with an owl on it for Lilly...if you have a girl you can use it! I got it from Carter's...I think they still carry the line it came from!

The Argylephile said...

I love owls!! I just found some great owl earrings on Friday and I totally love them. I think owls are hot for fall. Yay!!!