Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fleece Baby Blanket

For those of you who get invited to things like baby showers, this is the perfect gift: No Sew Fleece Blanket.

My friend is having a baby shower in April and, due to being pregnant and moving, I wanted something simple and quick to put together for her. So Mont helped me pick out some great fleece fabric to match her Winnie the Pooh theme and a plain fabric for the back of the blanket.

Here are directions, in case you're interested:

Make sure that both fleece pieces are the same width and get a yard of each (maybe bigger if you're going to make a blanket for a larger child or for yourself)

Lay both pieces (one on top of the other) on the floor or large table. Cut a 4x4 inch square out of each corner.

Then, all the way around through both layers, cut 4" slits about 1" apart.

Tie the layers of every other slit together, flip the blanket over and tie the remaining slits (this makes it look even and pretty).

And TA DA! You have a soft, cuddly blanket :) I'll post pictures as soon as we move and I have access to reality.

*I feel a tad bit uncomfortable using the term "slit"...but I'm over it so you should be, too.

No comments: