Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cream Puffs!

I have an abundance of eggs lingering in my fridge, so I decided to make a batch of cream puffs with special vanilla filling. It used up 7 of my eggs!

I've made cream puffs before, but have always been a little disappointed with the way they turned out. However, I found an amazing recipe here: http://www.frontiernet.net/~albert1/crmpffs.html.
It was very easy to follow and made some DELICIOUS results.

They are fresh out of the oven here. I love how golden-brown they are. I also have to give props to my awesome new oven wit a special "baking" feature. Love. It.



Here they are after I filled them. Basically, I cut off the tops of the puffs, cleaned out the centers and put the cream in there. The recipe called to chill the cream and then use a frosting bag to pipe it in. However, I'm not a patient person so I just spooned in the filling.



Cream Puffs really are a joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the not patient thing. I'm more of an instant gratification kind of girl. Can I come over for some cream puffs?

Megan said...

Daring baker challenge? Please tell me more!

And yummygoods can come over for cream puffs anytime!

Shelby said...

I totally agree that they are a JOY! I have blogged about them also!