Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Delicious Smoothie

This morning I really wanted a smoothie. Probably because I'm pregnant. I didn't have a recipe on hand, so I made it up. Here is how it went:

I started with 4 ice cubes.


I then added about 1 cup plain yogurt. Exactly this kind, because it's good for you.


Next came frozen raspberries. mmmmmmm...... I imagine that you can use fresh, but you might have to add more ice.


After the raspberries, I added some pineapple tidbits with the syrup. I used one of Monty's little fruit cups and it was the perfect amount. But any tidbits will work.


And last some apple juice. I just added it until my smoothie became the desired consistency. I'll guess around 1/2 cup. Mott's Apple Juice is the best.


Blend, pour into a large cup, and enjoy! SOOOOO tasty!


It was nice and think so I was able to have it in the car on my ride to work. Simply delicious.

However, I did encounter a problem by not making sure the blender bottom was on tight. Whoops! I had a big mess all over the counter, so, needless to say mine didn't look like the picture above. It looked more like a scooped up mess in my electric blue cup. No biggie, though...my nice new counters make it super easy to clean up messes :) Plus, it wouldn't be a Megan Creation without a mess!

No comments: