Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Living room

When Other and I bought his grandmother's house, I had several months to consider how to decorate and arrange the place. The biggest challenge is the living room. It is long and narrow, with one wall as a giant fireplace and another wall that is almost all windows. It's a very charming room, but not suitable for our current bulky furniture.

We decided to turn a larger bedroom into the "media room" that houses our TV and video games, so the living room could be a place to relax, read, play with the Kids, etc.

I had a picture in mind of old chairs, reupholstered with neat fabrics. A sofa for lounging. All placed to embrace the fireplace. Just a very relaxing area.

This great local guy, hooverar.com, has auctions locally and I found these two gems posted on his website:





I love, love, love these. Even the pink doesn't bother me too much (I haven't yet seen them in person, so it may be a different story later on). I just think they are perfect for that room and, matched with a lounge-worthy sofa, it will be a wonderful place to enjoy our family time together.

The auction is May 10. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

The Argylephile said...

So one of my best friends totally picked up a sofa like this (except not so pink...may be the picture) from the curb. Yes, the curb and it looks amazing in their 1912 Mediterranean home.