Friday, June 26, 2009

Yo, Yo-yo.

One Pretty Thing (my all time favorite website: www.oneprettything.com) featured this totally adorable bracelet a few weeks ago. It looked so fun and simple that I had to try it.

Zakka Life (http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-make-fabric-yo-yo-bracelet.html) posted a fantastic tutorial for this project.

So, I looked through my scraps of fabric and found this really fun yellow banding with bright blue and red flowers. I thought that, all yo-yo'd up, it would be really fun and look nice with a lot of different outfits. Slightly harder was finding the buttons (I really need to get a stockpile of buttons. I wonder if I can find jars of old buttons at antique stores?? Hmm....I smell an antiquing trip!).

This is how it turned out!



It was suggested to make eight yo-yos to fit around the wrist. I don't know if I have tiny wrists or what, but, as you can see, it was really about two yo-yos too big.



When I finished this bracelet I knew that I had to give it to my darling Traci. She has to wear black at work all the time and this is just the thing to put some zing in an all black outfit.

Seriously, I did this in a morning...less than 2 hours worth of awesome crafting. This has so many possibilities...different buttons...fabrics...threads...so awesome.

2 comments:

dolly said...

Nice...
======
Outsourcing companies In India

Roberthussy said...

The yo-yo in its simplest form is an object consisting of an axle connected to two disks, and a length of twine looped around the axle, similar to a slender spool. It is played by holding the free end of the string (usually by inserting one finger in a slip knot) allowing gravity or the force of a throw to spin the yo-yo and unwind the string (similar to how a pullstring works), then allowing the yo-yo to wind itself back to one's hand, exploiting its spin (and the associated rotational energy). This is often called "yo-yoing". First made popular in the 1920s, yo-yoing remains a popular pastime of many generations and cultures. It was first invented in ancient Greece.



SEOServices