Monday, June 22, 2009

Wiggle, little Caterpillar!


The other day we were bored. It was rainy and we needed a craft. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, I have to use what I have on hand for crafting. I didn't have much...but I did have markers, egg cartons, pipe cleaners, and googly eyes.

PERFECT FOR CATERPILLARS!



This was SO easy. I thought that this sort of craft was sort-of "standard", but the kids are showing them off to everyone and people keep saying, "Woah, that's so creative! I would have never thought of this." hm.

So I cut the top off an egg carton and then cut it in half. The kids colored their caterpillar sections and then I poked holes for them to stick in pipe cleaner legs and antenna.

Then they stuck on their googly eyes. I'm tellin' ya, these kids went nuts over this. Who would have thought? They made them crawl all over the house, they showed them to all their friends, they named them. It was awesome. And easy. You should try it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so who's this other "kid" i keep seeing in your pictures that's not Monty!!! just curious. awesome craft by the way. i think i've made them before myself. funny how the simplest things entertain kids!

dolly said...

Hello friends.
=========
Outsourcing jobs