Friday, March 13, 2009

RRR


I've had a blessing of an amazing idea come over me and I must share it! This could already be happening, and if it is then awesome! If not, I hope I can start a little trend.

The idea? RRR.

Triple R.

Relax. Read. Recycle.

I love to read, and I read a lot. Therefore, I have quite an accumulation of books. However, unless a book is really really good, I usually only read a book once.

So, my dear friend Traci is going to help me with my glorious idea. We're hosting a party. Everyone invited brings a book that they already own and have already read. Each book, upon arrival, is numbered. Everyone present draws a number and finds the matching book and takes that book home to enjoy themselves.

It's a win-win situation! You would be able to enjoy a wonderful evening with friends who enjoy reading. You would get rid of a book you may never read again. You would get a great new book that one of your fantastic friends enjoyed (so you'll probably enjoy it, too!). PLUS it's the ultimate form of recycling. After all, who can bear to throw away a book...or even put it in the recycle bin? No. Way.

Now, I've been an active participant for years in passing books along. I've given away and received several books...I'm just going to make a party out of it. A Triple R party!

No comments: