Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Guess Who




So Halloween was nearly a month ago, but I participated in a couple crafts worth mentioning.

Other and I are advisers for our church's middle school youth. They had an exciting retreat over the Halloween weekend and I led them in a craft of mask making.

I found plain white masks on a school supply site online. I also found fun glitters, spangles and feathers. Give them to 12 year-olds and magic happens. They had a lot of fun with this project and we were able to use the masks to decorate the worship center for their special Sunday service.

And for some Halloween fun (since I just had a baby), I decided to keep it simple in terms of Halloween costumes. For those of you that know me personally, you'll know that I usually spend a solid six months planning, finding and creating my Halloween costume. This year, however, I spend all of about an hour.

I went as a Hungry Hungry Hippo (yes, as in the game). I was the orange one. That other girl in the picture is my dear friend Traci who went as the light blue one.

I first took a plain white ball cap (from Hobby Lobby: $1.99) and painted it orange. I then took an egg carton and cut out two of the egg bumps, painted them orange and stuck them on with Tacky Glue. I rolled some paper and made nostrils, painted orange. I then painted on those goofy eyes and there you have it. A Hungry Hungry Hippo hat.

Surprisingly everyone knew exactly what we were. And Monty got a big kick out of being a Hippo for the week following Halloween.

Up next: Daring Baker's Challenge Result! Yipee!

No comments: