Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh my God. Shoes.

So I'm obsessed with baby booties. I didn't really use them with Monty because, well, he's a boy. And, despite my best efforts to remain gender neutral, baby booties on boys just doesn't work most of the time.

However, totally awesome baby booties have gotten much more popular in the past year or so, so there are lots of super cute ones for boys AND girls. And etsy.com (of course) has lots and lots. I bought two pairs.

This one is for my soon-to-be nephew:


My sister loves her some monkey and I got him a little monkey outfit. So it should be very sweet.

And I had to get a pair for my little lady:


I love how they look vintage with the olive and white. SO cute. Let's hope I don't get all pink and purple clothes so she has something to wear them with.

Baby count down: 7 more weeks. Eek!

I'm currently making a rag rug for her room, so stay tuned for pictures of that. Also, I made a rag quilt for the nephew and am waiting for my sister to send pictures because I forgot to take some (woops!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the booties! I never really got into them either - it's too hot right now, but I guess if you have a fall/winter baby it makes sense. I have some pink and yellow booties for Lilly that have a skull and crossbones on them! They're made by Jack and Lily and look a lot like the monkey ones you picked out. Love 'em.