Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm beyond bad...

So, June's Daring Baker's Challenge was...challenging. First of all, it was hard. And I mean HARD. Lots of time. Lots of steps. Lots of ingredients. I can't even remember the name of this cake. (Filbert Gateau with Praline Buttercream) But I can tell you that it is SO SO SO good.

Although, my version is quite possibly the ugliest thing I've ever made.



See? It looks like poop with poop on top.

Here's more proof.


I made this cake for my dear friend Traci's birthday, which, sadly, was surrounded by some sad family news. Hence the terrible pictures.

My cake is so darn ugly, however, because I didn't get my Swiss Buttercream Frosting warm enough for it to be smooth. Also, the recipe called for a nut paste made in a food processor and all I have is a cheap blender. So it was a mite chunky.

C'est la vie. It still tasted SO SO good. I mean it. Like really good.

So why am I beyond bad? Because this was supposed to be posted on Wednesday and, instead, I'm not getting around to it until Sunday evening. I blame my pregnancy. And the fact that I was directing a play that had it's closing week/weekend, so I've been beyond busy. I know, I know...excuses. But, damnit, a girl's gotta have somethin'.

I'll have more soon. Hopefully prettier.

No comments: